Chewbaca is a Chow/Shepard mix, he has a blue spot on his tongue. My daughter picked him out in a pet store, he would not leave her alone. He is just the sweetest thing.
This dog has a very strict routine, I have noticed. If it is disrupted, he will go off and slink into his 'safe hole' (a large dog carrier) and sulk for a while.His routine includes:
- Getting up around 6am every morning, and going outside.
- He will watch us leave, and sulk
- He will Sleep, till 11-12am, then get up, go out to the backyard, and sleep.
- He starts pacing about 1/2 hour before the kids start coming home from school. He can tell the time.
- If everyone is really late, he ends up in his 'safe hole', all pouty.
- He will fall all over himself greeting you when you walk into the house at the end of the day.
- after dinner, he will generally sit outside, just watching the backyard, sometimes playing with rocks.
- he loves ball, throwing bones, or being the goalie for a 'hockey' game
- After it is dark, he will come in and watch me very closely. Waiting for his walk.
- If he did not receive his walk, I'm not sure, but his little heart would probably shatter.
- If he hears one of the kids step outside into the back yard, he is there.
- He has to sleep somewhere near Us. He may wander around the house at nite, but invariably is underfoot when I get up in the morning.